I can tell you that the City’s move to TechWorx as our IT provider was an excellent choice. Unfortunately, our former IT team had not kept pace with technology and was not always forthcoming as to what was needed/being done. The City Manager and I attended a Cyber Security Boot Camp at which Mike Estrich and Stephen Reichard were presenters. We spoke with Mike briefly following the presentation and he contacted us the next day to arrange a time to review our system – what an eye opener that was!
From that first meeting to present, TechWorx has always been very professional and very transparent – they want you to know what they are doing and why. They had a lot on their hands to get our system to where it needed to be and, understandably, it took some time but the difference between three years ago and now is incredible. They take the time to listen to, understand, and respond to our needs as a government entity.
Following are some of the pro’s of working with TechWorx:
- Knowledgeable and professional;
- They discuss our system and their services in terms that a layman can understand (greatly appreciated by those of us who can understand concepts but don’t know the terminology);
- Their staff follows through on action items in a timely manner;
- They are mindful of the budget that we have to work with and make recommendations that allow us to get the most for that amount;
- They provide projections for future needs so that we may budget accordingly;
- They provide a monthly Executive Summary Report that outlines the condition of our system and includes tips for areas that could use improvement;
- They provide online and in-person training;
- Now that our system is updated and running as it should, we find that we do not see them on-site very often as they are able to handle a great many issues via a remote connection – issues that sometimes took our former IT team weeks to address are normally handled by TechWorx within a matter of hours;
- There have been numerous times when I have literally hit “send” on a service request and almost immediately received a phone call or e-mail from TechWorx;
- Constant monitoring of the system – they often identify, and fix, an issue before we ever knew it was there.
We have not hesitated to refer other municipalities and organizations to TechWorx – and those referrals are often unsolicited.
Teena Leary, The City of Warren PA